Monday, December 22, 2008

spine surgery

I am a neurosurgeon that practices general neurosurgery, including spine surgery. I have found a lack of accurate information about spine surgery on the internet and hope to create a blog and/or website, free of charge to patients, to share information with others and to have that information "veted" by me and others to insure accuracy.
I am anxious to hear what patients need from their surgeon that they feel they are not getting. I also would like to offer my opinion where needed.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Doctor,

    I had an epidural injection on two levels of my back yesterday. L3,4 and L5,6. I had a bad night last night because my leg pain was worse, not better. Is this normal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is normal and it may take a few days for the relief to be realized. An epidural is often a temporary method, what does your MRI show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to get the report from my doctor to tell you what the MRI showed. I can't remember all of the medical jargon thrown at me by the radiologist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want more information and help you can go to my second opinion website and actually get an excellent and detailed neurosurgical consult that is unbiased. It is tailored for the patient, not the doctor and is educational as well as informative as to your particular problem. The site is being constructed

    ReplyDelete